Week 3 of the Whole30 just flew by, thanks in part to the fact that I was barely home, spending most days traipsing from movie theatre to movie theatre for the Vancouver International Film Festival. I’m not even entirely sure what day it is…
This week’s Whole30-friendly dinners included:
- Day 15: Ginger-lime shrimp (so good!) with roasted eggplant, carrots and yellow beans
- Day 16: Turkey Bolognese with spaghetti squash and roasted eggplant and cauliflower
- Day 17: Steak and chimichurri sauce with roasted carrots and cauliflower, and leftover spaghetti squash
- Day 18: Grilled hamburger patties with sauteed onions, guacamole and kimchi; roasted eggplant; heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers with a homemade Greek dressing
- Day 19: Grilled lamp lollipops and roasted veggies, it’s all a blur…
- Day 20: Beef thai curry stew, which will also be lunch for the next few days
- Day 21: Tuna and apple salad
After being very adamant in last week’s Whole30 recap that I have neither the time nor the inclination to make my own salad dressing, I discovered a super-easy Greek salad dressing recipe and I think it will be making regular appearances on our dinner table. Or rather, coffee table. Who actually eats at a dinner table anymore?
In other terribly exciting news, I finally found a store-bought kimchi that doesn’t contain any added sugar or other nasty things. Firefly Kitchens kimchi is available at the Whole Foods on Robson Street (not sure about their other locations). Now I just have to figure out what to do with kimchi…
Onwards and upwards to Week 4!